www.nationalview.org and Note From a Madman brought to you by
for your Information Technology needs
owned and operated by Noah "The Madman" Greenberg
This is What Democracy Looks Like
Today's Note From a Madman
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
The Trial of a Monster Tells Us the Frightening Truth
So now it's official. We now know that "errors" were made before 9/11. In the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui (the 20th hijacker who never made the trip), evidence has been presented stating the failures of 9/11.
-Michael Rolince, the former chief of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's international terrorism section (now retired) responding to a question by Edward B. MacMahon Jr., Moussaoui's court appointed attorney, who asked if he (Rolince) knew that, when Moussaoui was arrested, he was under suspicion of being a terrorist.
(After a long a silence) "Can I ask what document that's coming from?"
-Rolince to MacMahon
Maybe Rolince did remember after all.
"That's Mr. Samit's communication to your office, Aug. 18, 2001."
-MacMahon to Rolince
"suppositions, hunches and suspicions were one thing, and what we knew" was a different matter.
-Rolince to MacMahon
Sounds a lot like "We don't know what we don't know" (Rumsfeld), doesn't it?
"a calculated management decision"
-The Los Angeles times, paraphrasing FBI Special Agent Harry Samit
"They (Samit's superiors) obstructed it... that cost us the opportunity to stop the attacks."
-Samit to the Moussaoui jury
Coleen Rowley, the FBI whistle blower who sent the "bombshell memo" to FBI director Robert Meuller made similar accusations to the jury. Below are some excerpts (and comments by me after reading the memo) from her memo to FBI director Meuller:
"I feel that certain facts, including the following, have, up to now, been omitted, downplayed, glossed over and/or mis-characterized in an effort to avoid or minimize personal and/or institutional embarrassment on the part of the FBI and/or perhaps even for improper political reasons: "
1) "The Minneapolis agents who responded to the call about Moussaoui's flight training identified him as a terrorist threat from a very early point."
2) "the Minneapolis agents' reasonable suspicions quickly ripened into probable cause... the French Intelligence Service confirmed his affiliations with radical fundamentalist Islamic groups and activities connected to Osama Bin Laden..."
3) The failure to gain or ask for a search warrant by FBIHQ (FBI Headquarters) due to an opinion that they did not have enough "probable cause", then getting the warrant on september 1, 2001 ciing "probable cause... "Even after the attacks had begun, the SSA (Supervisory Special Agent) in question was still attempting to block the search of Moussaoui's computer, characterizing the World Trade Center attacks as a mere coincidence..."
4) "I... thought it would be better to pursue the 'other route' (the FISA search warrant)" because of the Unitede Staes Attorney's Office's use of a higher standard for obtaining search warrnats (in an email message to the National Security Law Unit)
5) (In its entirety) "The fact is that key FBIHQ personnel whose job it was to assist and coordinate with field division agents on terrorism investigations and the obtaining and use of FISA searches (and who theoretically were privy to many more sources of intelligence information than field division agents), continued to, almost inexplicably,5 throw up roadblocks and undermine Minneapolis' by-now desperate efforts to obtain a FISA search warrant, long after the French intelligence service provided its information and probable cause became clear. HQ personnel brought up almost ridiculous questions in their apparent efforts to undermine the probable cause.6 In all of their conversations and correspondence, HQ personnel never disclosed to the Minneapolis agents that the Phoenix Division had, only approximately three weeks earlier, warned of Al Qaeda operatives in flight schools seeking flight training for terrorist purposes!
"Nor did FBIHQ personnel do much to disseminate the information about Moussaoui to other appropriate intelligence/law enforcement authorities. When, in a desperate 11th hour measure to bypass the FBIHQ roadblock, the Minneapolis Division undertook to directly notify the CIA's Counter Terrorist Center (CTC), FBIHQ personnel actually chastised the Minneapolis agents for making the direct notification without their approval!"
6) "...after a series of e-mails between Minneapolis and FBIHQ, which suggest that the FBIHQ SSA deliberately further undercut the FISA effort..."
7) "I do find it odd that (to my knowledge) no inquiry whatsoever was launched of the relevant FBIHQ personnel's actions a long time ago. Despite FBI leaders' full knowledge of all the items mentioned herein (and probably more that I'm unaware of), the SSA, his unit chief, and other involved HQ personnel were allowed to stay in their positions and, what's worse, occupy critical positions in the FBI's SIOC Command Center post September 11th. (The SSA in question actually received a promotion some months afterward!)"
8) "The last official "fact" that I take issue with is not really a fact, but an opinion, and a completely unsupported opinion at that. In the day or two following September 11th, you, Director Mueller, made the statement to the effect that if the FBI had only had any advance warning of the attacks, we (meaning the FBI), may have been able to take some action to prevent the tragedy."
"Finally when similar comments were made weeks later, in Assistant Director Caruso's congressional testimony in response to the first public leaks about Moussaoui we faced the sad realization that the remarks indicated someone, possibly with your approval, had decided to circle the wagons at FBIHQ in an apparent effort to protect the FBI from embarrassment and the relevant FBI officials from scrutiny."
"your statement has changed. The official statement is now to the effect that even if the FBI had followed up on the Phoenix lead to conduct checks of flight schools and the Minneapolis request to search Moussaoui's personal effects and laptop, nothing would have changed and such actions certainly could not have prevented the terrorist attacks and resulting loss of life."
"The truth is, as with most predictions into the future, no one will ever know what impact, if any, the FBI's following up on those requests, would have had."
(I should note that Coleen Rowley is now running as a Democrat - DFL - for congress in Minnesota's 2nd US Congressional District.)
When taking all of the above into account, along with The Presidential Daily Briefing titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.," which noted "patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks," just what are we ordinary citizens supposed to think?
"no urgency and no threat,"
-Samit's superiors at the FBI, according to Samit
"If (Moussaoui) seizes an airplane from Heathrow to New York City, it will have the fuel on board to reach D.C."
-Samit to the Secret Service (He was ignored)
The bottom line is this: Under the Bush administration's blind eye, the 9/11 hijackers were able to take control over four jetliners and crach them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania (which could have been a lot worse and caused the loss of so many more lives).
In 1999, under the administration of President Bill Clinton, the Millennium threat was thwarted due to an alert border agent who took the time to examine a suspicious car on its way to Los Angeles. A low level agent, on duty because President Clinton and his staff were fore-warned about a possible strike, ordered extra agents to stand guard on our borders.
Sometime we make our own luck. What might have happened had the warning not been heeded? Who knows.
As Rummy says, "We don't know what we don't know."
More on Unemployment
Regarding unemployment – if you never worked, worked part time, did not qualify for unemployment,were denied unemployment, are a college grad who never had a “real” job, on welfare and getting off welfare, retired and unable to make ends meet, were self-employed, you are not part of the percentages. If you go back to work in desperation, earning significantly less, you are not part of the equation, either, but, damn, you become part of the “job creation” statistic. The UI count is a joke. Several years ago, a push was made to compare the job lost (salary, benefits, etc) to the job taken (Wal-Mart, part time, several part time etc., type jobs). Actuarially, this information can be used to determine if the person was employed at 100%, 75%, 50% etc., of their previous levels of earnings and to adjust the employment number to reflect those earning loses and to truly represent the employment percentage. Corporate America went ballistic. You can confidently double the UI numbers for urban America, and triple them in the dying industrial areas. Part time Wal-Mart does not compare to full-time work at Delphi, Kodak, Trico, etc. This is not new – this has been going on since the late 1980s.
A car company can move its factories to Mexico and claim it's a free market.
A toy company can out source to a Chinese subcontractor and claim it's a free market.
A major bank can incorporate in Bermuda to avoid taxes and claim it's a free market.
We can buy HP Printers made in Mexico.
We can buy shirts made in Bangladesh.
When I need to speak to someone about my computer, I talk to somebody in India.
We can purchase almost anything we want from 20 different countries
BUT heaven help the elderly who dare to buy their prescription drugs from a Canadian pharmacy.
That's called un-American! And you think the pharmaceutical companies don't have a powerful lobby?
-Harold Rosenthal, forwarded by Jenny Hanniver
Dictators and Idiots
Rumsfeld can't have cake and eat it too.
It was bin-Laden who should have been tracked down and prosecuted, and summarily executed, for 9/11.
Evidence is mounting that the Bush administration was involved, and that 9/11 was a joint op with his three generation business bedfellows, the bin-Laden Saudis.
There is evidence to indicate there will be another op in Texas city or Houston in June by the same deadly duo.
According to the Bush administration:
Americans need to be cowed. They are beginning to rise up and demand their constitutional rights. Damn those Americans, who will not bow down to the new world order, presented by the bush daddy as the thousand points of light.
Rummy has been writing manuals and pleading with big crocodile tears to anyone who would listen, for power to change the military from regular to special ops for 20 years, at least.
Iraq is nothing more than his op to accomplish that. It is not a real war, and is mostly conducted by Psyops to brainwash real military into CIA type operatives, presented as the new improved military, able to control with violence any civilian, armed and hostile population. Anywhere.
Real wars are not fought by countries with borders not secure. Real wars are not fought by arming the 'enemy' (Iraqis who cannot be sorted as to which brand of Islam they are)
Real wars are not fought against a concept (terrorism).
Real wars are not fought except to win. Win means win, not slog about practicing urban slum warfare (very much like la gang warfare) for three years, holding Iraqis in front of you as shields, while you take prisoners for torture training in secret prisons.
Most of all, while Saddam was/is a monster, there are worse ones in the world, like Sudan. They are called Jhanjaweed or however you spell it. They brutally attack villages of old men, women and children and if you want to view their methods of killing, watch the Bruce Willis movie, tears of the sun. It is extraordinarily accurate.
Hussein did not do 9/11. Hussein did not fund 9/11 and anyone in dc who was fooled by the bluffing of the fool paper tiger, about WMD’s, is an equal fool.
Except no one really was fooled. My fiancé, a special ops 'marine' wrote me before the Iraqi invasion even started and told me not to worry about WMDs because he knew, and the administration knew, they didn't exist. He's in Intel. He was there before the regular troops, finding this out.
(and I’m so, more than sick, of his stop loss to that slobbering idiot rummy that I don't even care if he has to kill them all [upper echelon command] to get out, and he certainly has the training)
The people who were fooled are the people of the us, and the regular military, by it's own federal administration.
We need to get our very valuable military personnel, out of Iraq and Afghanistan, all of them, now, out, before they are totally ruined by diseased old men like rummy, and Darpa agendas.
Go ahead, Google Darpa, the team of 20, Russian scalar wave technology, Haarp installations, the G8, rummy's history, bush/bin laden history, read some Sy Hersh, (I really do hope he is still alive) and while you are at it, take another good hard look at Katrina and ask yourself why president bush was in the caverns of NORAD while it was going on. I dare you.
Guess what folks. We don't really have a president. We have a dictator team, using an idiot, rapidly effecting a global take-over
From the seat of dc.
From an Old Friend (Welcome Back)
I have had, for the first time, the opportunity to read your "rantings". They are not rantings; they are the voice of more and more people screaming out against the intolerable conditions and positions which this administration has created. Unfortunately, the country has been bamboozled into accepting the larceny of the presidency and re-electing the crook, along with his henchmen in Congress. It is absolutely critical that we elect a strong democratic majority in Congress this year so we can impeach the president (Mr. Marksman, Chaney) and the imposter, Bush.
Anyway, glad to see you are alive and well
Today's Quote (Sort of)
From "A Few Good Men"
Col. Nathan R. Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?
Lt. Daniel Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled.
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Lt. Kaffee: I want the truth.
Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth.
And The Bushite Version
"G"lobal "W"arming Bush: You want answers?
The American People: We think we're entitled.
"G"lobal "W"arming Bush: You want answers?
The American People: We want the truth.
"G"lobal "W"arming Bush: I don't know what the truth is.
Send your comments to: NationalView@aol.com or email@example.com